Sunday, November 6, 2011
End of the week cram
So this weekend has been crazy busy with homework, but one thing that turned out to be really cool was my research paper. I think it was one of those things that initially when I heard of it I instantly thought...awww man....those are the worst! I ended up find a cool topic that I was super passionate about! Not only was I passionate about it, but I felt that it was something that could be super useful to me in the future. I wrote about whether it would be better to rent or to buy a condo if living here in Provo for five years. I did a bunch of research and tried to analyze every aspect of it. Basically in the end, I came to the conclusion that unless the condo depreciated by more than 25 percent it would be better to buy a condo than to rent. The hypothetical couple that I used in my example ended up saving over $30,000 dollars! It was pretty fun and cool for me to do. My paper was only suppose to be three pages and between 800-1000 words. It ended up being close to 2,000 words and about 7 pages. So I don't know what will happen when I turn it in. It would be interesting to get points taken off for writing too much. I mean obviously that would suck, but I guess that is life. I honestly felt like no mater what this paper was very useful to me because I learned so much about buying houses, and the same equations and research I used in it I could easily use sometime in the future of my life. Well, I gotta go...but it has been fun. Till next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not that this probably matters, but my calculations last week for my paper were a little off...haha. I did end up correcting them in my paper. It did turn out that buying a condo was cheaper, but only by about $5,000. I guess you would have to decide if $5,000 is worth the risk of depreciation and the hassle of trying to sell your home.
ReplyDelete